Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7th
Whoohoo, I am on the eve of the completion of my second course! Below, I have posted some of my reflections about this course that are also part of the Week 5 Assignment.  Congrats, everyone.  Enjoy your week off.

I like the way that Week 3 was a step by step guide on how to write an action research question, choose a topic, etc. My sister is working on her Lamar masters in the same area and she is a year ahead of me and has already changed her topic 3 times.  I like the way this week made me reflect and really think about what I wanted to research for the duration of the class so I won’t be in the situation my sister is in.
I really enjoy using the blogs.  I know that I don’t update it as much as I should, but it is wonderful having the opportunity and knowledge now to be able to have my own blog. I used to think you had to be super computer savvy in order to have a blog.  Turns out I was very mistaken.  
When it comes to the discussion boars, I enjoy reading what other people are going to be doing there projects on and how they plan to put them into action. Once or twice I have commented to a classmate that their plan seems hard to implement, but that is the joy of discussion boards. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.  I wish more people would comment on my action research plan so I could get some feedback.
I have also come to the conclusion that you have to be very flexible and willing to help your staff as a principal.  My principal has been answering emails and text messages from me this summer and I know that she doesn’t have to do any of it.  She could be like some administrators and be unavailable to her staff during the summer months, but she’s not.  She’s being very supportive and helpful in helping me with my action research project and plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment