Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This second week has opened my eyes to what professional principals have done as real action research projects.  I was impressed with Donnan and how she implemented the plan to have students learn outside on the grounds of the campus and to utilize the resources she had readily available for her use.  It not only improved students' grasps of the environmental concepts, it got students outside, moving around!  I also enjoyed reading about the school that implemented the professional development hours online by having the staff read the same book and comment online when it was convenient for them.  What a great idea! I wish my school would have an option like this for those of us who tutor or coach after school and on the weekends that can't attend a weekend pro development. I could, however, read a book and comment on Sundays on it via the internet at my own pace.
Where there is a need in the school, there is an action research project waiting to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment