Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15, 2013
It's that time of year again- back to school! I don't know if the whole state goes back on the 19th, but it's right around the corner. I am on the 5th week of my EDLD 5352 course. One more class for some of us and we are almost done! Congrats, Cardinals!

Web conference reflection for EDLD 5352:
I like what Mr. Humphrey said about the content distribution occurring at home and the skill and practice taking place in the classroom if an educator uses Flipped Learning correctly. I am toying with the idea of having students do much of the reading this year for my English 2 class at home so that we aren't wasting crucial class time on reading out loud or silently when we can be having informative and intellectual conversations about the reading during class time. I'm sure that that are concepts that need to be taught face to face, but students can brush up or get a small taste of a lesson at home the night before they come to class to actually learn the material.
I also liked the way Mr. Littles said that he is going to go back and incorporate LiveBinders, PBL and Flipped Learning into his internship plan because of this class. I think that's a great idea that I might follow suit on.
It's always nice to hear the point of view of a teacher from another school/subject/economic area that doesn't think that a tool will work in their class or campus. Ms. Jimenez mentioned that the flipped classroom wouldn't work with her Life Skills students, but that she can see how it would work with other courses. I think that one of my weak points is trying to apply all that I am learning for this degree to other areas than the one that I teach. I always apply everything to the department that I work in (English). As an administrator, I will have to focus on the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment